There is something about Fall that has me excited to start baking again, especially my family’s favorite, Peach Cobbler. I have so many childhood memories of walking through the doors from school and smelling the deliciousness coming out of my mom’s kitchen. Nothing comforts my soul more than being able to do the same for our boys.
In honor of Fall quickly approaching, and my mother whom I miss so much, I am sharing my Mom’s homemade peach cobbler recipe!
Juice from fruit
Fresh peach slices (or canned)
Ground cinnamon or nutmeg
This recipe yields approximately 10 jars
These are fabulously fun, the perfect serving size, and makes me think of my Mom every time I bake.
This recipe will also fit perfectly in a 9×12 baking pan cook just cook for approx 45 minutes.
Peach Cobbler In A Mason Jar
- Mason Jars 1/2 pint size
- Mixing Bowl
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted butter
- 1 Cup All-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar, divided
- 1/4 Cup Brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup Juice from fruit
- 1 Tbsp Baking powder
- Pinch Salt
- 1 Egg
- 4 Cups Fresh peach slices (or canned)
- 1 Tbs Lemon juice
- Pinch Ground cinnamon or nutmeg or both
- 1 tbsp Cornstartch
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Bring 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, juice from fruit, cornstarch, and lemon juice to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in peach slices and simmer about 10 minutes, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the melted butter and the remaining 1 cup of sugar
- Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt until well sifted.
- Add in the beaten egg and continue creaming together until it becomes a crumb mixture.
- Spray the mason jars with cooking spray. Place jars in a large casserole pan to help keep them stable.
- Fill up the jars approximately 3/4 of the way up, with the peach filling. Top the peaches evenly with the crumb mixture aprox 2 tablespoons of batter per jar.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg, if desired.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the crumb top slightly brown.
If you are looking for more Fall inspiration, stop by my project gallery!
~Thank you so much for stopping in today, wishing you a beautiful day~