I made these delicious Cowgirl Cookies for the neighbors and they were a absolute hit. They would also make a fabulous hostess gift.
Cowboy Cookies (Cowgirl Cookies)
Prep Time: 25 Min
Ready In: 25 Min
Makes 3+ dozen cookies
• 1 1/3 cups rolled oats
• 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
• 1/2 cup white sugar
• 1/2 cup chopped pecans
• 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
• 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Layer the ingredients in a 1 quart jar (large mouthed) in the order given. Press each layer firmly in place before adding the next layer.
*I found this order to work best (starting on the bottom of the jar): salt, baking soda, baking powder, flour, choc. chips, pecans, oats, brown sugar, white sugar. Be sure to press each layer down really well!!! I used a small (500ml) water bottle to compact down each layer.
2. Include a card with the following instructions: Cowboy Cookie Mix in a Jar 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. 2. In a medium bowl, mix together 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine, 1 egg, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Stir in the entire contents of the jar. You may need to use your hands to finish mixing. Shape into walnut sized balls. Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. 3. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes in the preheated oven. Transfer from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
If you prefer something a little more on the Christmas side click here. Thank you toLarson Lingo!
Kristin, I love this idea! Happy Holidays.
Hi Kristin~ I just discovered your blog through Dreamy Whites and I LOVE it!! The cowboy cookies are the sweetest. I am your newest follower. Looking forward to your posts in the future.
Have a wonderful Holiday Season!
What a great idea! Super cute printables too!!
Hi Kristin! just want to wish a happy Christmas!
A seriously fun gift! And delicious too.
So cute!! I want a nice sister like that! And how adorable are your three boys mixing up cookies on the kitchen counter?? Hope you are having lots of fun and have a wonderful and happy Christmas with your beautiful family, Kristin!!
those are adorable and look so yummy! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!!
Love it! I just 'pinned' it for future reference (i.e. when I want to eat some). Merry Christmas!
Your boys are adorable, Kristin! They look like they are having a whole lot of fun mixing up those cookies! They look delicious. Fun printables!
Oh I so love this!! Would you mind sharing it at Cowgirl Up? I mean cowgirl cookies?? Seriously these are darling!! I’m adding a link to this post on my FB page.
Ofcourse 🙂 XO
Have thought about making them too, they have been on my pinterest board for quite some while now! I should definitely start making christmas cookies soon, thanks for reminding me =)
Thanks so much for providing the Christmas printables! I was planning on making these for my daughter’s preschool teachers! 🙂
Your so welcome, enjoy 🙂
LUCKY lucky neighbors! 🙂
oh my goodness! I remember these as a kid! SO yummy. Thanks for sharing, I will have to make them again as an adult! 😉