Chocolate Berry Crepe Recipe
Looking for a dessert that will satisfy any chocolate lover who also loves the delicious flavors of fresh berries? These Chocolate Berry Crepes are the perfect treat and everyone at the table will feel special eating them! I leave the crepe making to my husband, it’s always a special treat on the weekends to wake up to the smell of these amazing crepes!
Tip: crepes should be thinner than thicker, my husband uses this Crepe Tool and they always turn out perfect!
Makes 8-10 crepes
1 ½ cup flour
¾ cups of milk
⅓ cups of unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tbsp superfine sugar (or to taste)
3 tbsp melted butter
7 oz blackberries
10 oz raspberries
1 tbsp cinnamon
¼ cup fine sugar
Juice of 1 lime
Vanilla ice cream
For the berry compote:
- Put the berries in a pan.
- Add the sugar, lime juice, and cinnamon.
- Cook over low heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Beat the eggs, butter, sugar, and milk in a bowl.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the mixture and beat until a batter is formed. Pour the batter into a pitcher.
- Heat a shallow skillet over medium heat and add 1 teaspoon of butter.
- Cook till the middle is set and flip the crepe to cook the other side.
- Repeat the process until the batter is finished.
- Fill your crepe with the berry compote.
- Optionally, top with confectioners’ sugar and vanilla ice cream.
Seemingly rich and decadent, these crepes can be made a day or two in advance and filled before serving. Simply
store them in a sealed container with sheets of waxed paper between each crepe until you’re ready to serve them.
These would be perfect for a beautiful weekend brunch!