This Quick and Easy Tortellini Bake comes together so quickly with a prep time of only 15 minutes, has only four ingredients, and all in one pan. Busy weeknight meals can’t get any easier! I don’t always have time to make a big and time-consuming meal and this tortellini bake is the perfect meal when you are short on time. This ultimate classic comfort food casserole is made with cheese tortellini, your favorite jar of pasta sauce, mozzarella cheese, and ricotta cheese.
There is no slicing or dicing, you simply just add all the ingredients to a large oven-safe pan and bake!
How do you make this tortellini bake?
You can use fresh tortellini or frozen tortellini. Follow the directions on the package for refrigerated tortellini’s and add about 2-3 minutes for frozen tortellini.
I love the spinach and cheese tortillini’s the best but use any flavor of tortellini you like.
Preheat your oven and while your pasta is boiling, grate some mozzarella cheese.
A few ideas for added ingredients
Although this dish is super simple feel free to add more spices if you would like, cayenne pepper, oregano, Italian seasoning, parmesan cheese, fresh spinach etc.
If you want to add an extra step you can add any type of meat you would like. Ground turkey, ground beef, Chicken Sausage, Italian sausage etc. Simply brown the meat, remove excess grease, mix it with the sauce and continue on with the directions.
What do you serve this cheesy tortellini bake with?
This cheesy tortellini casserole pairs perfectly with a side dish listed below
Simple Side Salad
Quick and Easy Tortellini Bake
- Baking Dish
- 1 Large package of refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 Jar Pasta sauce
- 3 Cups Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Cups Ricotta cheese
- Cook the tortellini according to the package instructions and drain well.
- Place 1 cup of the sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish, and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Layer ½ of the tortellini in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Drop ½ of the ricotta cheese by the spoonful into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese, and top that with ½ of the remaining sauce.
- Add the remaining tortellini, followed by the remaining ricotta, sauce and finally the remaining mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Who doesn’t love a good and simple dinner that’s guaranteed to please the whole family! A little tip, always keeps a bag of tortellini in the freezer, and you will have a meal in no time at all. I’ve also made tortellini soup which I will have to share with all of you soon. You can even double or triple this recipe to feed a large group , they will never know this cheesy goodness is one of the easiest recipes ever! I hope you enjoy this easy weeknight meal