I served my a mousse in a tall glass but coffee mugs, wine glasses, or ramekins would work just as well!
It’s so decadent but it’s not too rich, it’s the perfect light dessert!
- 4 Eggs, separated (yolks and whites)
- 1 tbsp Powder sugar
- 3 tbsp Granulated coffee
- 1 Stick Butter
- 1 Cup Whipping cream
- 1 Tsp Cream of tartar
- In a saucepan, add the whipping cream, the coffee, and powdered sugar. Stir until all the ingredients are well incorporated on medium heat.
- Add the butter and stir until melted.
- Add the egg yolks and remove them from the stove while stirring fast, letting the yolk cook with the rest of the mixture.
- In a bowl, whip the egg whites and the cream of tartar.
- Incorporate the mix of the coffee with the egg whites slowly until smooth.
- Serve in large cups and refrigerate for 3 hours.
Note: This mousse is made with Raw Egg Whites that are whipped. It is fine to eat raw eggs as long as they are fresh and I always buy organic
I hope you enjoy these treats just as much as we do, have a wonderful rest of your week!