I know we are still in January but these Gold at the End of the Rainbow Cupcakes are so cute and perfect for St. Patrick’s Day, I couldn’t resist sharing a little early! The kids are going to LOVE the surprise treats found inside when they bite into the cupcake.
Amazon Affiliates Listed Below
- 1 package of Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 cup of Water
- 1/2 a cup of Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1 container of Vanilla Icing
- Pipping Bag and 1M Tip
- Gold Sprinkles
- Gold Candy Pearls (found in the baking section)
- Green Cupcake Liners
- Extreme Air Heads
- Start by mixing your cake mix, water, oil, and eggs together.
- Blend until smooth.
- Line cupcake pan with liners and fill each 1/2 way.
- Bake according to box instructions.
- Let cool.
- Using a spoon carve and scoop out the center, as shown.
- Fill the center with gold pearls.
- Place the part you scooped out back on top, as shown.
- Install your tip on your pipping bag and fill with vanilla icing.
- Start in the center of the cupcake and ice it out and up.
- Sprinkle with gold sprinkles.
- Cut a two inch piece off your air head and place on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top them off with some gold sprinkles and a rainbow or even a gold chocolate coin and you’ve found your pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. They’re simple enough to make and absolutely adorable!