In honor of Valentine’s day being just around the corner, I’m sharing some delicious Valentine’s Day Rice Krispie Treats with all of you! This was one of the first desserts my mom taught me how to make, it was simple enough without using the oven. That quickly led to cupcakes and cookies to me taking over baking all of the Christmas treats to hand out to friends and family.
I’m extremely honored to be taking part in the heartfelt and handmade Valentine’s hop hosted by my friend Jennifer Zuri over at Town and Country Living. 28 of us are sharing a Valentine’s Day project, you’ll find everything from recipe’s, crafts, printables and decor.
I remember my first Valentine’s with Ray. I left work and walked into my apartment filled with 2 dozen helium heart balloons, candles everywhere and a date card for the night, it was the best! Valentine’s stayed like that for many years until kids came along and changed things just a little bit. Usually a delicious home cooked meal (think crab and lobster), a nice bottle of wine, some yummy treats the kids and I make and a good movie off of Netflix is how we like to celebrate, I honestly wouldn’t have it any other way! We usually get our date night the following week which I have no problem with (think less crowds and no menu price increase)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 oz) regular marshmallows
- 6 cups crisped rice cereal
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Mix in the crisped rice cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Spread the mixture using a buttered spatula evenly into an 11×17-inch rimmed baking sheet coated with cooking spray or for an easier clean up line it with parchment paper.
- Cut the treats into heart shapes using a cookie cutter
- Frost the treats however you would like and decorate with sprinkles.
The boys brought all of them to school and they were gobbled up in no time.
You can insert a straw or Popsicle stick to make it all just a little bit cuter.
Make sure to go check out the rest of the awesome Heartfelt + Handmade Valentine DIYs, I know you will love them all!
Thanks so much for stopping in today and happy early Valentine’s Day!