Make a batch of shower steamers, and turn your shower into an aromatherapy spa. They are a fantastic alternative to those who only have time for a quick shower and it is an awesome way to add some energizing aromatherapy to your mornings!
Affiliate links are listed below
Yields: 1 dozen
1 1/2 cups baking soda
1/3 cup distilled water or regular water (or more up to 1/2 cup)
10-12 drops of peppermint essential oil
1. Add the baking soda to a large metal or glass mixing bowl.
2. Begin by mixing in 1/4 cup of water. Add slightly more and stir, as needed, until the mixture resembles damp sand.
Slowly add the water as you don’t want to add too much accidentally!
3. Add the peppermint essential oil and mix again to distribute the oil.
4. Transfer into the molds and press down firmly. Insert a candy cane icing decoration into the middle of each shower steamer, pressing down gently (too firmly and it might break).
5. Allow to harden overnight. Gently pop each peppermint shower steamer from the mold and store in an airtight container. For best results, use within 1 month.
HOW TO USE
Place 1 peppermint shower melt on your shower floor, away from the stream of water where it will get wet, but not drenched. Then, breathe in deeply as the oils vaporize. Most likely they’ll outlast your shower, simply push it into the corner of your shower, and it’ll be there for next time. Enjoy the invigorating and uplifting aroma of peppermint as it is slowly released into the shower!
Aside from just relaxing, peppermint shower bombs are great to use for colds, stress relief, congestion and for getting rid of headaches!
These would also make great homemade gifts, just pop them in a mason jar, tie a beautiful bow and you will make someone special very happy!
After you have made them, store in a cool and dry place. You could place them in a glass jar, mason jar or saran wrap and they can last anywhere between 2-6 months when stored correctly. Possibly even longer if you placed them in the refrigerator.
Caution: Do not soak in the tub with steamers. Discontinue use if rash, redness or itching occurs. Consult your physician if irritation persists. Keep out of reach of children.