Today, we’re making pop tarts, in the the air fryer, these pop tarts are made with a pre-made pie crust, blueberry jelly, and vanilla icing. I love how the air fryer version makes for a healthier version of the traditional pop tart.
Air Fryer Blueberry Pop-Tart Breakfast Pastry
• Pre-Made Pie Crust
• Blueberry Jelly/Jam (feel free to use any flavor jam you would like)
1. Roll out the pie crust and cut out 3-inch rectangles.
2. Place a teaspoon of blueberry jelly in the center of half of the rectangles.
3. Place a rectangle on top of the blueberry rectangles & press edges together with a fork.
4. Egg wash each rectangle.
5. Place in air fryer for 5-8 minutes on 375. These fry really quickly so keep an eye on them!
6. Remove from air fryer and smother on the icing.
7. Sprinkle away!
8. Serve & enjoy!
These homemade pop tarts bring back delicious memories of childhood. My mom rarely allowed us to have sugar but when we did, pop tarts were at the top of my list. Kids and adults will love starting their day with these.
You can freeze them in a single layer on a baking sheet right after adding the icing, once frozen, transfer to a ziplock bag. When you are ready to eat one, you will need to reheat them in the air fryer for about 10 minutes. You could also pop them in the toaster but they won’t come out as well so I suggest the air fryer.