I made these delicious Cowgirl Cookies for the neighbors and they were a absolute hit. They would also make a fabulous hostess gift.
Cowboy Cookies (Cowgirl Cookies)
Prep Time: 25 Min
Ready In: 25 Min
Makes 3+ dozen cookies
• 1 1/3 cups rolled oats
• 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
• 1/2 cup white sugar
• 1/2 cup chopped pecans
• 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
• 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Layer the ingredients in a 1 quart jar (large mouthed) in the order given. Press each layer firmly in place before adding the next layer.
*I found this order to work best (starting on the bottom of the jar): salt, baking soda, baking powder, flour, choc. chips, pecans, oats, brown sugar, white sugar. Be sure to press each layer down really well!!! I used a small (500ml) water bottle to compact down each layer.
2. Include a card with the following instructions: Cowboy Cookie Mix in a Jar 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. 2. In a medium bowl, mix together 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine, 1 egg, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Stir in the entire contents of the jar. You may need to use your hands to finish mixing. Shape into walnut sized balls. Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. 3. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes in the preheated oven. Transfer from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.